2006 Science Fair Winners
- Tracey McCarty, an eighth-grader at Pinedale Middle School, documented that gas drilling activity in Sublette County has produced an increase in ground-level ozone.
- Widya Adidharma, an eighth-grader at Laramie Junior High School, charted energy losses from poorly insulated student housing and other buildings at the University of Wyoming.
- Tyler Straley, a 10th-grader at Pinedale High School, compared the efficiency and performance of conventional diesel fuel against fuel derived from vegetable oil.
- Sean Sylvester, an eighth-grader at Greybull Middle School, also considered biodiesel, but Sean chose to weigh various vegetable oils-waste frying oil, canola, peanut and corn oils-against each other.
- Powder River "Breaks"
- Press Release March 23, 2006,