Powder River works with 5 community affiliates in Wyoming. They are the following:
- Clark Resource Council (CRC)
- Cheyenne Area Landowners Coalition (CALC)
- Pavillion Area Concerned Citizens (PACC)
- Ranchers & Neighbors Protecting Our Water (R&NPOW)
- Sheridan Area Resource Council (SARC)
Each of these affiliates may have representation on the Powder River Board of Directors. They decide on their own priorities and what activities they wish to pursue. This leads to a multitude of issues being addressed, some by the affiliates themselves, and some which are elevated to become a Powder River activity.